Terms of Access
This notice governs use of this world wide web site -scotiafx.com. By accessing this site, you agree to the following terms.
- The Scotiabank trademark, together with “Global Banking and Markets”, is a marketing name for the global corporate and investment banking and capital markets businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia and certain of its affiliates in the countries where they operate, including Scotia Capital Inc. Used under license.
- Copyright in the contents of this site, including the screens displaying the pages and their arrangement is owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia. Users of the World Wide Web site pages for the SCOTIAFX service (the "Work") of The Bank of Nova Scotia, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively, "Scotiabank") shall only be entitled to copy or print the Work for their own personal use but may not republish nor reproduce any substantial part of the Work in any manner whatsoever, including electronically reproducing this Work by "uploading", "downloading" or accessing the Work on the Internet or any other local or international computer system, without the prior written permission of Scotiabank.
- Any report included in the site may not be reproduced in whole or in part, or referred to in any manner whatsoever, nor may the information, opinions, and conclusions contained in it be referred to without in each case the prior express consent of Scotiabank. If you require further information on a permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any material in this site, please address your inquiry to ScotiaFX, E-Comm Director, 40 King Street West, 56th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5W 2X6. Any infringement of Scotiabank rights will result in appropriate legal action. Scotiabank disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the Work whatsoever.
- Scotiabank GFX disclosure statement: The purpose of this statement is to disclose certain practices of Scotiabank and all of its affiliates (together, Scotiabank” or the Firm) when it acts as a dealer, on a principal basis, in the spot foreign exchange (“FX”) markets. We want to ensure that there are no ambiguities or misunderstandings regarding those practices.
- Communications over the Internet are subject to varying degrees of security. Within the SCOTIAFX service and where this service is specifically made available to a Customer, Scotiabank provides an advanced level of online security. However, to the extent that not all of the Internet is similarly secured, Scotiabank cannot ensure absolute confidentiality. Scotiabank will not be responsible to any Customer if the user Customer transmits confidential or sensitive information to it by means other than those it expressly provides or makes available as a part of the SCOTIAFX service.
- Facts and data provided by Scotiabank and other sources throughout this site are believed to be reliable when posted. However, Scotiabank cannot guarantee that they are accurate or complete or that they will be kept current at all times. Information is subject to change without notice.
Information on this WWW site is not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Subject to any applicable agreements, Scotiabank is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages howsoever caused, arising out of the use of this WWW site.
- External sites not connected to Scotiabank and accessed by hypertext appearing in this site have been independently developed by parties other than Scotiabank and does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in such sites. The inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply that Scotiabank has investigated, verified or monitored the information in any such site. The listing of an organization in this site should not be construed as an endorsement by Scotiabank of its services or products.
- Use of any software downloaded from this site is governed by the terms of any license agreement provided with that software.
- The laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada apply to the use of this site and to the use of this site by any user, notwithstanding the domicile, residence or physical location of the user. The user of this site attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada to determine any proceeding arising out of the use of this site.
- The display of trademarks herein does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to those persons who access this WWW site.
- (A) The symbols ® and TM designate Canadian registered trademark and unregistered trademark status respectively. The following are registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada: Scotiabank and Scotia.
(B) The following are trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada: SCOTIAFX; scotiabank.ca; scotiabank.com; scotiafx.com; Scotiabank and Flying "S" design mark.
(C) The following are service marks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in the United States: SCOTIAFX, scotiabank.ca, scotiabank.com.
(D) The Bank of Nova Scotia has additional trademarks and service marks, registered and unregistered, in other countries.
(E) All other service and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The display of trademarks herein does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted.
- Scotia Capital Inc. is a corporate entity separate from, though wholly owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- If any offer should be made with respect to the SCOTIAFXservice, the offer is subject to applicable requirements/credit qualifications of The Bank of Nova Scotia and/or its subsidiaries.
- All services described in this site are subject to conditions, exclusions and limitations as established by the provider of service and/or in applicable agreements.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia is authorised by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority and is subject to regulation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of The Bank of Nova Scotia's regulation by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request. Scotiabank Europe plc is authorised by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and the UK Prudential Regulation Authority.